Our Buying Process
Determine Your Buying Power
- Determine how much you can comfortably afford, taking into account your income, expenses, and existing debts.
- Obtain and review your credit report to ensure it's in good shape. A higher credit score can help you secure a better mortgage rate. However there are programs for credit challenged buyers.
Choose An Indigo Road Realty Agent
- Your agent‘s role is vital. They will help you find suitable properties, negotiate offers, and navigate the paperwork.
- Choose your agent wisely! They will likely be quarterbacking the most important purchase of your life so you want to ensure your agent is knowledgeable of the market, a true industry professional, and exemplifies the core values you’d want someone representing you to have.
- Luckily, we hold our team to a high standard and have already conducted a vetting process. All of our agents are a cut above the rest and can confidently usher you to a successful closing experience. Get to know our agents here.
Making An Offer
- Negotiation: Work with your real estate agent to make an offer to the seller. Your agent will help determine the true market value of the home by running a comparative market analysis. This should give you a level of comfort about your offer. Do expect a few rounds of negotiations on price, contingencies, and other terms.
- Offer Acceptance: Once both parties agree on terms and sign, the offer becomes a legally binding contract and the clock starts ticking.
- Getting preapproved was only half the financing process. Now you have to secure your financing.
- Finalizing your mortgage commitment will often require you to provide additional documentation requested by your lender.
- When you have formally applied for your mortgage the lender will order an appraisal to determine the true value of the property. If it appraises for less than the agreed-upon price, negotiations may reopen.
- The underwriting process is the time in which a lender reviews your financial information, the property's appraisal, and other details before approving your loan.